Have you got another manufacturer's cc you could swap in temporarily?
Do you have a load on the batteries?
Sent from my 'smart' phone so please excuse spelling and typos.
------ Original message------From: frenergyDate: Wed, Jun 20, 2018 12:51 AMTo:
re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org;Cc: Subject:[RE-wrenches] Low output
Off-gridders,

             Small 24 volt off-grid install.....new installation, 3, 285
watt PVs in series, 4, L-16's in series, Midnight "Kid" CC.  Problem: I
cannot get more than about 200 watts (8-9 amps battery side) out of the
Kid display in full noon sun, clean PVs. Should be 700 watts plus and
about 28 amps.  Bulk/Absorb set at 29V, battery voltage at ~25 V (pulled
down with a heat gun).  I changed that Kid out for another new one> Same
issue!  I disconnected the PV wires where they land in the Kid and got
9.3 amps short circuit, 105 volts oc  Called Midnight tech support but
we couldn't come up with a good solution.  Ideas?

Thx,

Bill

Feather River Solar Electric
Bill Battagin, Owner