Hi Jerry,

I'm talking about the need to ground one of the current carrying conductors
back to earth, not the metal equipment frame.

The SunPower pre-Maxeon cells required that the positive conductor be
grounded. Which is not possible with TL inverters.

There's no safety issue to let these older SPR arrays float. But the so
called surface polarization effect equals an output loss of 25 or more
percent.

As transformer based inverters fail, us SunPower dealers will be in more
and more of a pinch.

marco