I like soft start and programmable defrost during daylight hours. Look
at the LG 22 cubic foot inverter. Also when looking at energy star keep in
mind they inflated the US numbers 4 years or so back, and the Canadian are
the old numbers. I look at both! If in a ambient temperature neutral home I
use the Canadian numbers.
Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where
powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/ [1]
e-mail
offgridso...@sti.net [2]
text 209 813 0060

On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 22:20:27
-0700, Bob-O Schultze  wrote: Assuming you have a sinewave inverter t this
point, I agree with Jerry about going to a 120vac fridge. However, I would
suggest going to your computer before the appliance store. For Kathleen and
I, Energy Star rated is the starting point. There is some really good info
here:

https://library.cee1.org/content/qualifying-product-lists-residential-refrigerators
[3] If you can find a good one with defeat-able auto defrost, that'll save
a bunch'o watts. Within the ES ratings there are still models which are
more or less efficient than others. Whatever you get will use more power
than your RF12, but that's partly because you probably won't find a good
fridge under 18-19 cu.ft. You will love the 35-40% increase in capacity,
but it isn't a completely free lunch. So throw a few more watts out in the
sun. Hell, at today's PV prices, throw up a couple more kilowatts! Good
Luck, Bob-O