We just struggled through our first two OB RS Radian systems. We did not opt for the "package" including batteries as we and our customers thought it was overpriced.  We build our own battery boxes and use cost competitive batteries based on the customer's need.

OB needs to improve the installer experience for deciphering their manuals for at least the 4048.  It seems like the forgotten stepchildcompared to the 8048.

That being said, we did get the systems running. The Radian seems solid.

Probably most of you know I am very much opposed to NEC Rapid Shutdownfor reasons I have stated on this list. Modifying it, if not eliminating it, would not make systems less safe, and would greatly reduce these machinations of how to best meet this type of customer's needs.

Chris