Drake,
It took me years to try Trace/Xantrex/Schneider products after swearing off
Xantrex in 2004, becoming an Outback devotee for a decade. I finally soured
on Outback a few years ago after several years of poor customer service and
a sense that Outback was not keeping up in general. I had tried Magnum
early on and had a bad experience with them and the Sunny Island, while a
robust machine, was definitely getting outdated, so I finally decided to
give Schneider a try.
While there are always things I wish could be better in all the various
choices (which is true for the XW as well), I've stuck with Schneider for a
few years now and have been happy with them. I did try the SWa couple of
times, but the small cost savings doesn't feel worth the lesser
capabilities over the XW. And their customer service has been pretty
consistently good.
Howie Michaelson
Sun Catcher