Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] LiFePo4 vs BOS
From: Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar <offgridso...@sti.net>
Date: Mon, January 07, 2019 10:06 am
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>

You state that the battery is a LiFe and Outback said it is a Nife bms. Can you clarify please?
Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar "we go where powerlines don't" http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/ e-mail offgridso...@sti.net text 209 813 0060

On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 07:46:39 -0700, <d...@foxfire-energy.com> wrote:

I've been asked to trouble shoot a problem with a new set of LiFePO4 batteries on an older OB system.. The customer complained the system would go dark within a few min. of the batt indicator light going yellow.. From what I've gathered so far the BMS of the batteries is shutting down.. The distributor sent out one of their techs, but it looks like they missed a few adjustments.. The biggie is their CC (OB FM60) went into snooze mode within a day of being connected to these guys, and now OB tells me the CC lost it's FETs and that's pretty common with NiFePO4 BMS.. also when the tech came out to commission the bank, one of the terminals on a battery melted and another distorted.. the customer has a few more days to accept the bank, I'm thinking send them back.. Comments?

Dan Brown
Foxfire Energy Corp.
Renewable Energy Systems
(802)-483-2564