Hi Dave,

I'm interested in others' experience here, but personally, I'd skip
the charger.  If they are brought to full charge before storage and
are in decent shape otherwise, they shouldn't have any trouble
surviving winter storage.

I've seen many sealed batteries die an untimely death due to
electrolyte loss from trickle chargers.  On the other side, I've many
times stored stored vehicles for 3-8 months with batteries
disconnected and no apparent ill effects (and enough charge remaining
to start the car upon my return), save one battery that was already on
the way out.  The ideal scenario, in my mind, would be to charge the
batteries about once a month.

Alex MeVay

Blue Sky Energy * http://www.blueskyenergyinc.com
Genasun * http://www.genasun.com