From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of Alex
MeVay
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 2:04 PM
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] trickle charger for 4 12V batteries

Hi Dave,

I'm interested in others' experience here, but personally, I'd skip the
charger.  If they are brought to full charge before storage and are in decent
shape otherwise, they shouldn't have any trouble surviving winter storage.

I've seen many sealed batteries die an untimely death due to electrolyte loss
from trickle chargers.  On the other side, I've many times stored stored
vehicles for 3-8 months with batteries disconnected and no apparent ill effects
(and enough charge remaining to start the car upon my return), save one battery
that was already on the way out.  The ideal scenario, in my mind, would be to
charge the batteries about once a month.

Alex MeVay

Blue Sky Energy * http://www.blueskyenergyinc.com Genasun *