Thanks All,

Mick and Tump - I'll look into the Victron - good suggestion - Thanks!

Chris - I'm not sure a transformer will buffer the spikes and frequency but just pass them on - others?

Larry and Jerry - If I were to go with the separate battery charger/PS approach - what specific  48 V  LFeP battery Charger/PS might you recommend and how to protect it with what sort of surge and LV equipment?  If either the inverter or PS/Charger is protected within too narrow a range then it might defeat the purpose - wanting to maximize pulling in as much opportunity charging as we can get.

Seems to me like there might be a market for a highly tolerant battery charger between 160-260 VAC and frequency tolerant as well - something bulletproof we could put on these systems - perhaps that is the Victron - but I'd rather have it in a separate beefy battery charger then risk the inverters - especially if we are going to buffer the customer from the grid with the battery/inverter system.

For instance we have a hospital that can only use the available grid for the office but they can't risk it for their hospital equipment.  But If I could pull the grid into batteries safely and always power their loads with the high reliability battery/inverter system - now we are talking.

So specific 48V battery chargers that can take it? Any equipment out there anyone is aware of?

Thanks!

Jeff