Hi folks--We've also been disappointed with the Sol-Ark two-wire generator
start. The unit starts at the charge set point, but the inverter will shut down
for about a minute every time the generator stops running. After the minute
wait, the inverter restarts and everything is fine. But it is aggravating for
the homeowners to be left wondering in the dark.

Sol-Ark says that when the generator shuts off, the frequency drops out of the
Sol-Ark range and causes the inverter shut down.
They suggested we find a way to increase the generator speed to avoid the
frequency drop at shutdown. This seems like a lame suggestion, since the
generator has no idea of when the batteries will be satisfied--it only responds
to the on/off signal from the Sol-Ark. I would think that the unit could be
programmed to ignore the frequency drop when it sends the shut off signal to
the generator. The system has an an Ecogen 15kW.

 Not having an exercise function is also a miss. As mentioned below, the time
of use can be used, but one has to go out and play with the programming to
check the generator.

regards, bill

Bill Hennessy
Berks Solar, LLC
371 Centennial Rd
Mertztown, PA 19539

o 610 682 4300
c 484 560 4666
NABCEP certified installer
PA contractor #44411
www.berkssolar.com

    On Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 8:20:57 PM EST, Chris Sparadeo