We want to see the certificate of compliance for UL and all the good
paperwork for power system electronics, especially offgrid.

Most in the
Sierra can't get fire insurance so we build even better redundant systems
with that in mind. I do not care so much where the equipmens origin is as
much as the company behind it. I like it when a company diversifies it's
manufacturing to many countries.

This plays really well right now in the
times of C19 and supply lines being strained. Trying also to keep an open
mind about the Chinese government. Weird how certain items have back-logs
also these days.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines
don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/ [1]
e-mail offgridso...@sti.net
[2]
text 209 813 0060

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 08:56:16 -0500, Chris Sparadeo
wrote:  I totally get that most off-grid jobs won't be inspected, however
isn't it still a good idea for components to carry a UL listing in the
event of a fire? It seems like an easy thing for a fire
investigator/insurance company to pick out, even if it was not the origin
of the fire. That's been a (perhaps self made) deterrent for me over the
years. Any thoughts?