Can you lay them on their sides?-GlennSent from my 'smart'phone, so please
excuse typos and spelling errors.------ Original message------From: Jason
SzumlanskiDate: Sat, Mar 27, 2021 11:12 AMTo: RE-wrenches;Cc: Subject:Re:
[RE-wrenches] Batteries and Working SpacesThat's problematic I think. I guess
the next question would be, if I need to keep this breaker at 6'7", I don't see
that being accessible be someone standing in front of it anyway without a
portable ladder, so what height IS acceptable?Also, maybe I don't need to mount
the whole battery above the flood level. Maybe just exposed live parts need to
be that high. If that's the case, would that just be the tops?JasonOn Fri, Mar
26, 2021, 7:13 PM Chris Sparadeo <c...@catamountsolar.com> wrote:Hi Jason,There
is a 250A breaker located inside a compartment on the top of the unit. Keeping
that reasonably accessible would be important. Also, just out of curiosity, how
are you planning of getting these battery cabinets onto their 4’
 platform? Forklift? Ramp? On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 3:40 PM Jason Szumlanski
<ja...@floridasolardesigngroup.com> wrote:I am planning a battery backup system
using Fortress 18.5kWh eVaults. Due to flood level requirements, these are
going to need to be mounted about 48 inches above the garage floor on a
shelf/platform. That puts the tops of the battery cabinets well above 6'7". But
I believe that these do not fall under the working space requirements of NEC
110.26 since they are not likely to require maintenance. In fact, could these
be mounted even higher, say way up near the 14' ceiling (subject to
manufacturer spacing requirements)? Can anyone see any code problems with this
approach, putting aside the practical problems with mounting heavy battery
cabinets well above grade?Jason SzumlanskiFlorida Solar Desing Group

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

Change listserver email address &
 settings:

List rules & etiquette:

-- Chris SparadeoNABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional ® #
042919-015652NABCEP Certified PV System Inspector ® # 052920-015652 Catamount
Solar, LLC4 Randolph Ave., Randolph, VT 05060C_(802) 369-4458O_(802)
728-3600www.CatamountSolar.com
 the other:

List rules & etiquette: