I have seen a fold up rolling scaffold assembly that would make a maintenance
platform solution for you. They're about 3'×6'×6' tall +/- fold up when not in
use, sell it as  part of the system. Chris Worcester
chris@solarwindworks.com530-448-9692Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s9.
-------- Original message --------From: Jason Szumlanski
<ja...@floridasolardesigngroup.com> Date: 3/27/21  8:12 AM  (GMT-08:00) To:
RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org> Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches]
Batteries and Working Spaces Not an option.  Limited garage space. On Sat, Mar
27, 2021, 3:01 AM Chris Worcester <ch...@solarwindworks.com> wrote:Can you add
a catwalk with handrails in front of it for maintenance?Chris Worcester
chris@solarwindworks.com530-448-9692Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s9.--------
Original message --------From: Jason Szumlanski
<ja...@floridasolardesigngroup.com> Date: 3/26/21  12:41 PM  (GMT-08:00) To:
RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org> Subject: [RE-wrenches]
Batteries and Working Spaces I am planning a battery backup system using
Fortress 18.5kWh eVaults. Due to flood level requirements, these are going to
need to be mounted about 48 inches above the garage floor on a shelf/platform.
That puts the tops of the battery cabinets well above 6'7". But I believe that
these do not fall under the working space requirements of NEC 110.26 since they
are not likely to require maintenance. In fact, could these be mounted even
higher, say way up near the 14' ceiling (subject to manufacturer spacing
requirements)? Can anyone see any code problems with this approach, putting
aside the practical problems with mounting heavy battery cabinets well above
grade?Jason SzumlanskiFlorida Solar Desing Group

List rules & etiquette: