Genasun is a very interesting option and it looks like they also have a charge controller set for 54.2 volts which is probably the right charge voltage, but it is only rated for a PV max power point current of 8 amps (maybe 9). Ten amps from a 420 W solar panel might be pushing it too hard, certainly beyond its specs.

Most "dumb" voltage converters operate around 85% efficiency. If taking that much loss, it would be better to use a lower power, higher voltage PV module with a common MPPT controller. That is one less part to fail too.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar