Hi William - You raise a great question - can you install 600 VDC modules
on a 1000 VDC SolarEdge system? Of course the DC optimizer output circuit
would need to be rewired with 1000 VDC wiring and connectors, but I think
the answer is "yes." According to this article
<https://www.solaredge.com/sites/default/files/application_notes_string_combiners_na.pdf>,
"In a SolarEdge system, the PV modules are isolated from the DC output
circuit by the power optimizer." To me, it sounds like there is no risk of
going over the max optimizer input voltage. I would want to verify this
with SolarEdge prior to designing any systems, but it seems like a good
idea to explore!

I was recently on another group chat, and someone mentioned being in a
similar predicament to you. They want to upgrade an old central inverter.
Anyway, they had found that the SMA CORE1 33 kW unit at least can be strung
up to work with 600 VDC modules and wiring:
https://files.sma.de/downloads/STPCORE1-DS-en-28.pdf?_ga=2.30799225.717469396.1631144387-1894865662.1631144383
I'm sure you'd have to redo a lot of the conduit and wire to accommodate
several smaller inverters, but this might be worth exploring as well.

August
Luminalt