Edmonton, Alberta area….Since mid December our average temperature has been
around -15 to -20 degC with several days around -30degC….

We use all Makita 18V tools and we try to bring them into the shop
overnight to charge them.

That said… several often get left in the vans overnight, at various states
of charge, and I must say, I haven’t noticed a drastic difference in the
performance regardless if they were fully charged or after given a full
charge.

We are pretty picky/choosey what tasks we preform those extra cold days
(mostly avoiding bending wire/wire-management) and tend to stick to inside
work but still do a fair bit outside.
There is no chance that they will charge outside onsite at those temps so
if we can’t charge them in a customers house/garage then we better be sure
to bring enough for the day.

Benn

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 8:28 AM Dana Orzel <d...@solarwork.com> wrote:

> Hey All,
>

> For those of us that live & work in freezing winter temps – What is the
> overall effect on LI tool batteries stored in a frozen truck overnight,
> needs to be used or charged & the battery is -15˚ to 32˚F?
>
> I assume it’s the same as stationary LI batteries, though I have never
> seen a warning on the battery package or in the tool literature.
>

> What are you all doing with work tool batteries in freezing  temps?
>

> Are you taking the batteries inside to be warm & charge at night?
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> Dana Orzel                              Great Solar Works, Inc.
>
> *C - 208.721.7003                       d...@solarwork.com
> <d...@solarwork.com>*
>
> Idaho Contractor - # 028765         Idaho PV # 028374
>
> NABCEP # 051112-136                       www.greatsolarworks.com
>
> *"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"  *
>
> *P* Please consider the environment before printing this email.

> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

Benn Kilburn
SkyFire Energy