I've had great luck with the Milwaukee M18; I almost never bring in my tool batteries anymore, unless its going to be below 0. Love the cordless shop vac.

I also use Ryobi, for my less used tools (ie.circular saw) and they have excellent performance for the money.  Not quite as temperature forgiving though.

As for Milwaukee chucks jamming up;  I only had that happen once after a bunch of hammer drilling in Haiti.  Scrounged all over the village for the special star keys to take apart the chuck, but it just needed to be cleaned.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760