Michael:

This seems like a rather stunning oversight—offering a charge controller
without any means to integrate it into the BOS built by the same
manufacturer.

Just now I laid a 600 VDC rated touch-safe fuse holder over a QOU breaker.
The fuse holder is smaller than the breaker so it would fit in the PDP.
The fuse holder would be a bit recessed which may look awkward and impede
the opening of the fuse holder.  I do know you can buy DIN rail of varying
height.  Maybe you could drill out the rivets on the DIN rail and replace a
short section of it with high profile DIN Rail and make a somewhat elegant
solution???

Good luck.

William Miller

Miller Solar