I've been using two gutters with multiple 12KW Sol-Arks Installs - one 4x4" that I mount immediately under the AC KOs using forward biased offset nipples (it's front face is just abouut 1/2" in front of front plane of Sol-Arks)  and then a 6x6" set back and down and reached with 4" nipples extending offset nipples so that I get an AC and DC gutter - not sure how others are dealing with need to separate AC and DC.

For the PV  inputs on 12Kws I do two additional 1" KOs - one through the vertical mid-plate below the DC terminations and then one down through the bottom just to the rear of that plate.  That way using offsets I can reach the 6" DC gutter with both the Battery DC and the PV DC in one gutter.  I then use an LL to get the AC gutter back to the wall at one end.  Can send pics offlist if you are interested.

I spoke to Sol-Ark a few times about the need to give us more room and better KOs - putting the DCs in one plane and the ACS in another - giving us 2" KOs for battery cables instead of forcing each cable through it's own 1" etc.  Unfortunately didn't get that message through before they had already designed the 15 KW.

We have also just added KOs to the left side of the unit to bring in the PV inputs when that is more convenient.

No better tool than our hydraulic KO punch!

Hope that helps ~

Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater

linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-clearwater-0622a312/>
www.villagepowerdesign.com <http://www.villagepowerdesign.com>
cell - 413-559-9763
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Morningstar via RE-wrenches <mailto:re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
May 8, 2022 at 11:03 AM
We cut out the bottom plate entirely with a die grinder/cut off wheel and then wrap the raw edge with vinyl "edge wrap" and set the inverters on top of 10 x 10 x whatever gutters. The layout and sizes of Sol-Arks knock-outs is screwy. Just need a bonding jumper between both enclosures. This is common practice in the industrial world when dealing with large VFDs and such.

--

Michael Morningstar

Morningstar Electric

PO Box 1494

Mount Shasta, CA 96067

530-921-0560

mjmornings...@gmail.com <mailto:mjmornings...@gmail.com>

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette:

Jay via RE-wrenches <mailto:re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
May 8, 2022 at 5:57 AM
Hi Chris,

Can’t you increase the size of the KO’s?

Jay

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette:

Chris Sparadeo via RE-wrenches <mailto:re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
May 7, 2022 at 6:16 PM
Jason,

I think I agree with your interpretation of the wiring diagram. My hesitation is, with a 1-1/4” KO for AC inputs, only choice seems to be a >24” stub conduit for 2/0 conductores to a fused disconnect. Not a fun pipe to bend…and extra BOS seems like a less than ideal solution.

Is this your conclusion as well?

--
Chris Sparadeo

C_802-369-4458