On 06/21/2011 02:22 PM, Clifford Yapp wrote:
> Hi!  I've been looking around for cross platform, C based/C generating
> alternatives to flex/bison.  I have been seeing some references to the
> combination of re2c/lemon as a viable alternative.
>
> I was wondering - would there be interest in a CMake based build of
> re2c?  My primary project makes use of CMake to ensure one unified
> cross platform build logic, and if re2c were to prove viable I would
> need to write a CMake build anyway (we have to ensure the tool is
> available if no system installed version can be found, which means we
> need to build it).  Would there be any interest in making such a build
> "official"?  It really is helpful to have one build system cover a
> wide variety of build tools.
If that "official"build means that re2c abandons autotools and ceases to
be an autotools project then what you perceive as being a convenience
for yourself constitutes a serious inconvenience for others such as
myself.  Therefore, with this in mind, I don't have any interest in
seeing re2c migrate to cmake, and therefore I'm opposed to it.

Rui Maciel