I've just started using re2c, and I like it; the generated lexer is easy
to debug and understand, and I can even read the generator source code
:).

I'd like to add an option to output Gnu format error messages:

file:line:column: <error>

That make it easy to have an IDE (Emacs, in my case) jump to the error
location in the source file.

Currently, the error messages don't contain the source file name; at a
minimum, that would need to be added.

To support the Gnu format, I need to do two things:

- add an option to specify the error message format

- modify the error-reporting functions to respect that option.

It seems options are defined in src/conf/opt.h, and the
error-reporting functions in src/conf/msg.h.

I haven't quite figured out how to declare a new option yet, but I'll
work on it some more.

The functions in msg.h would all need a new argument 'opts'. That same
argument might need to be added up the call chain where each of them is
used. That's a fairly invasive change, so I'm asking if it's ok to start
on this.

--
-- Stephe