David A. Wheeler scripsit:

> Perhaps more importantly, GNU Guile 2.0.0 was released on 2011-02-16.

Not so important, because Guile 2.x is not a drop-in replacement for
Guile 1.x, and many distros don't have it even yet, or have both.
So Guile 1.8 support is still important.

Another point is that not supporting `else` is non-conformant all the
way back to R2RS.  Not supporting it makes Guile 1.6 a Not-Quite-Scheme.

A third point is that a one-line hack for Guile 1.6 fixes the problem:

        (define else #t)

Just make sure this line isn't present for any real Scheme.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        co...@ccil.org
In the sciences, we are now uniquely privileged to sit side by side