> On October 4, 2014 10:00:23 AM EDT, martijn brekelmans <tijntj...@msn.com>
> wrote:
> >I'm following practical lisp and there's a little bit of code using a
> >#', I can't figure out how to sweeten this piece of code. Using the
> >sweeten tool replaces #' with syntax, (the result is also in the
> >pastebin link below), but it doesn't work when running, clisp tells me
> >syntax is undefined.

It may not be as obvious as it *should* be, but near the end of the Common Lisp
tutorial is this text:
> Sweeten is designed to read Scheme (or more specifically, Guile) S-expression
> syntax.  The "-C" option  adds some support for Common Lisp notation instead,
> in particular, #'function.

So just use:
sweeten -C filename.lisp > filename.slisp

and you should have a sweetened version of "filename.lisp" in "filename.slisp".
If it used #'function, it should continue to work.  Sorry that you *have* to
use -C,
but the semantics of #' differ between Scheme and Common Lisp, so the
"sweeten" program has to know that you're using Common Lisp semantics.

--- David A. Wheeler