I'm sorry Mark but that is a bit ridiculous, you just took it way over the
top :) I guess a man can dream but lets think about it for a second:

Cryengine or anything comparable has been done with hundreds of developers
over numerous years of development spending millons and millons of dollars
on it. Unfortunately I don't think we will never have the funding nor the
team to compete with billion dollar companies :) If you are looking for
exactly the feature set that cryengine provides (you pretty much listed
them), why not use it now (as you said there is a version out for
free) instead of waiting for a open source thing? :)

Also in 2008 realXtend was not a "platform", it was a copied client to
opensim/SL that tried to play catch up with the other opensim clients
features. We never got even close and there was nothing revolutionary back
then in realXtend tech other than maybe having meshes work :) Tundra is
much more than just another opensim client, we can actually say its a open
source virtual world platform nowadays with its own ideas and ideology how
things should be built.

There is lots to do, but I doubt destructible vegetation and stuff will be
first on the list. Lets keep it simple and do things that are actually
useful for most use cases.

Best regards,
Jonne Nauha
Adminotech developer