Wow!  That was beautiful.

Thanks for sending it.

Becky
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sugarsyl
  To: recipesAndMore@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 12:55 PM
  Subject: [RecipesAndMore] OT: Jesus loves me

  Jesus Loves Me

  Many years  ago, while watching a little TV on Sunday instead of going to

  church, I  watched a Church in Atlanta letting one of it's senior pastors

  preach

  who had been retired many years.... He was 92 at that time and I  wondered

  why the Church even bothered to ask the old gentleman to

  preach  at that age.

  After a warm welcome, introduction of this speaker, as  the applause quieted

  down, He rose from his high back chair and walked  slowly, with great effort

  and a sliding gate to the podium....Without a  note or written paper of any

  kind, he placed both hands on the pulpit to  steady himself and then quietly

  and slowly he began to speak...."When I  was asked to come here today and

  talk to you, your pastor asked me to  tell you what was the greatest lesson

  ever

  learned in my 50 odd years of  preaching.....I thought about it for a few

  days and boiled it down to  just one thing that made the

  most difference in my life and sustained me  through all my trials. The one

  thing that I could always rely on when  tears and heart break and pain and

  fear

  and sorrow paralyzed me......The  only thing that would comfort was this

  verse..........

  "Jesus  loves me this I know.

  For the Bible tells me so.

  Little ones to him  belong,

  We are weak but he is strong.....

  Yes, Jesus loves me...

  The  Bible tells me so."

  When he finished, the church was quiet.

  You  actually could hear his foot steps as he shuffled back to his chair.  I

  don't believe I will ever forget it.

  Senior version of Jesus Loves  Me

  A pastor once stated, "I always noticed that its was the adults  who chose

  the children's hymn 'Jesus Loves Me' (for the children of  course) during a

  hymn

  sing, and it was the adults who sang the loudest  because I could see they

  knew it the best."

  Here is a new version  just for us who have white hair, or no hair at all.

  For us over 40 (or  even those almost there) and all you others...Check out

  this

  newest version  of "Jesus Loves Me".

  It is quite cute, so read, sing and  enjoy:"

  JESUS LOVES ME

  Jesus loves me, this I know,

  Though my hair is white as snow.

  Though my sight is growing dim,

  Still He bids me trust in Him.

  (CHORUS)

  YES, JESUS LOVES ME... YES, JESUS LOVES  ME...

  YES, JESUS LOVES ME FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

  Though my steps are  oh, so slow,

  With my hand in His I'll go.

  On through life, let come what  may,

  He'll be there to lead the way.

  (CHORUS)

  Though I am no longer  young,

  I have much which He's begun.

  Let me serve Christ with a  smile,

  Go with others the extra mile.

  (CHORUS)

  When the nights are  dark and long,

  In my heart He puts a song.

  Telling me in words so  clear,

  "Have no fear, for I am near."

  (CHORUS)

  When my work on earth  is done,

  And life's victories have been won.

  He will take me home  above,

  Then I'll understand His love.

  (CHORUS)

  I love Jesus, does He  know?

  Have I ever told Him so?

  Jesus loves to hear me say,

  That I  love Him every day.

  "The happiest people don't have the best of everything.
  They just make the best of everything."
  ~Sylvia