Welcome Indika,

Try to follow the instructions for CentOS 6.
It should work, too. When you get stuck it we will work together on it. Just
make sure to save the output.
Problems with the build system are in most cases issues within the build system.

The only hardware requirement I am aware of is disk space. If you have more
then 50GB free you are fine. Below that (can't remember where the limit is
exactly)

All the best
Peter