Welcome Farrukh Waheed,

It is more up to you then to the Project if you can be a part of OpenOffice. We are organized by the merocratic principle. If you develop the project you are part of it.

If you need access in order to participate, like wiki access, it will be granted. Commit rights are granted when we have some trust, that you mean it. So it is vital to

show interest  and participate on development mailing list. Best is subscribing to it.

In order to develop OpenOffice you need the understanding of our build system. Which is not an easy thing. We recommend usually to learn how to build OpenOffice.

Currently OpenOffice is difficult to build on Windows because the SDK you need is not available anymore. But I think someone on development mailing list can

provide you with the same if you want to try to build OpenOffice on Windows.

The guides you find here:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7.2C_Windows_8.1.2C_Windows_10

Someone with WIX knowledge is awesome, since I would like to see a new Windows installer build on WIX technology. We currently use an msi file wrapped in an exe installer. That is not very nice.

If you have questions just ask on dev mailing list or here. Whenever you feel appropriate.

All the best

Peter