My workplace allows PPP access, assuming you are using Win95's dial in
network options.  I don't have Win95 on this machine and I don't want to.
(Not a slam at anyone, just I don't want to shutdown and change operating
systems back and forth all the time and I prefer to keep Linux up.)

So.  I have PPP working to a different PPP, but I *need* to go straight to
my workplace PPP to get past the firewall.  Cannot telnet in from the
outside.

I *almost* make it in.  Below is my last attempt:

Apr 22 23:53:52 kilroy pppd[2730]: Using interface ppp0
Apr 22 23:53:52 kilroy pppd[2730]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cua2
Apr 22 23:53:56 kilroy pppd[2730]: Unsupported protocol (0x8207) received
Apr 22 23:53:57 kilroy pppd[2730]: Received bad configure-nak/rej:  03 06
83 c6 7c 2e
Apr 22 23:54:24 kilroy last message repeated 9 times
Apr 22 23:54:27 kilroy pppd[2730]: IPCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Apr 22 23:54:27 kilroy pppd[2730]: Connection terminated.
Apr 22 23:54:28 kilroy pppd[2730]: Exit.

No matter what I do, I get that same error message.  Using "Seyon" to do it
all by hand, everything is perfect up until the PPP servers try to talk to
one another, so I know I'm getting that far.

Has anyone else seen the above error messages before?  I searched the
HOW-TO's, but saw nothing directly applicable to using Linux PPP to get
into a Win95 network.

My workplace has full TCP/IP and more than just Win95 machines, but they
only attempt to support Win95 machines using PPP to get in.  I believe the
network server is a Win NT machine, perhaps a Win95 machine.

Help?  Even an RTFM would be appreciated if you could point out the
appropriate FM.  :)  I couldn't find anything helpful among HOW-TOs or
RedHat Tips.

I have 5.0 w/ nearly all errata applied, and I'm using 2.0.33.

                  Thanks,

                       Eddie

--
  Eddie Kuns  |  School: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--------------/  URL:  http://www.physics.rutgers.edu/~ekuns/