You seem to be confusing X _SERVERS_ with X _WINDOW MANAGERS_.

There are two basic popular X Servers for Red Hat users : MetroX and
XFree86. (Yes, others exist, but we're talking about popularity with RH
customers, a good chunk of whom will use one of the two that came on their
CD).

There are a PLETHORA of Window Managers, which (if done correctly *grin*)
should run under whatever X Server is operational : fvwm, fvwm95, olvwm,
kvm, etc.

Hope this makes your search a little easier. Personally, I prefer MetroX
(because it has very easy to configure multiple monitor support) as a
server, although I didn't use it for all that long (because it didn't, and
this is a downside, support the second video card that I had gotten).
Previous to having two monitors/cards, I used KDE as my window manager
(well, kvm actually, but KDE is the whole "package")

Just my $0.02 worth, your mileage will vary.

At 01:29 PM 5/26/98 -0400, Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD wrote:
>Hope you guys don't mind, but I am about to set up my X manager and wonder
which ones you guys like best.  Not overwhelmed by Metro-X and having done
a bit of reading, I am considering XFree, but also considering olvwm, fvwm
as well.  Which are easy to install and which are more widely supported ?