I need to reopen this issue, as I had set it aside.
I have installed rh5 with all the dev options except X-development. I have
written a very short piece of code that calls pthread_create() and
pthread_join(), and am getting what us Microsofties call an unresolved
external. I cannot find glibc2 anywhere on the system, and am baffled by the
-l link options in the gnu compiler.
What exactly must I do to link these LIB's?

By the way, my XFree86 system is down too, so I can't go to the "real" help
files.

Thanks gobs.