On the note of companies just blowing off linux -  I've been chatting
with a sales rep at MetroWerks, who make code warrior ( a really nice
IDE )

I asked her if they had unix versions - since the web page didn't have
any info for anything but Mac and Win95/NT.  She said sure, Solaris was
in the late beta, and AIX and others might come out after it - I