On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> priority than the HTTP packets, however, this depends on both the routers
> handling the TOS field correctly (which Ciscos do, I believe) and the PPP
> server doing likewise, and I am not convinced that the Linux based ones do
> that, but Cisco 5260s may do the right thing.

An inspection of the source seems to indicate that Linux does in fact
treat packets according to their priority, although the treatment is not
terribly advanced, it does appear to.  However I do not know what other
servers may or may not pay attention to this sort of thing.

But I think that the original poster wouldn't have posted, if this basic
facility were good enough for him. :)