On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Raj Singh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I setup NFS so that only certain hosts can nfs-mount the exported
> file system and other hosts are denied nfs-mount access ?
>
> It appears that hosts.allow (and hosts.deny) are for TCP/IP services only.

NFS acess is controlled by the /etc/exports file. Only the hosts that are
in this file are allowed to mount somthing via nfs.
Look at the exports man page for the format of the file.
(very roughly:
---------
/filesystem    host1(rw) host2(rw)

---------
host1 and host2 can mount filesystem '/filesystem' via nfs and read and
write fro to it. There are other options you can specify.
)
Clemens