There is no such thing as a Plug 'N Play Monitor.

It's just the computer manufacturers that are feeding on peoples lack of
knowledge to suck them into buying their monitor. They think (and with good
cause) that people will buy it because Plug 'N Play is supposed to be such
a 'great' thing. I (and most people I know), HATE Plug 'N Play "Everything"
(except for monitors =) It can cause such headaches (hence the term "Plug
'N Pray").....The industry really should have made "ALL" PnP devices able
to be NON-PnP buy way of LEAVING the jumpers on the I/O cards. Sheesh, this
is like the automobile industry coming out with a system that no longer
requires a steering wheel in cars (which would be somewhat cool). BUT then
taking the steering wheel out of the cars......I mean come on, give us the
choice!

ALL monitors are "Plug 'N Play"! (So to speak) Always have been, 'always'
will be! IMHO.
It either works, or it's broken! (or your using the wrong monitor for your
video card. eg. EGA verses VGA).

Don't feel stupid, your obviously new to this stuff...you'll learn.

Dan