On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Bug Hunter wrote:

>   How do I force the system to keep a daemon in main memory and not swap

You don't.  The only way to do this is to turn off swap.  But this will
only affect that program's data area.  If the system runs out of memory
and the daemon has not been used recently, it will throw the program code
away and reload it from the filesystem next time it needs to be used.

> it to disk?  Also, how do I make sure that daemon is considered very
> important and given first priority when it has a request?  It is not being

You should renice the process to a very large negative value, such as -10
or -20.