So you can ping your machine from your wife's, but you cannot ping the
wife's from yours.

Sounds like a subnet mask issue, or ICMP filtering.  Check that the
subnet masks on both machines match, and try service iptables stop.

HTH,
 - nick

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of
this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer. My views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author (Nick [EMAIL PROTECTED]) and do not necessarily represent those of
the company.