* and then Parker Morse declared....
> "ifconfig" at the command line will display the status and interesting
> data about active interfaces, including the subnet mask. (Also the MAC
> or "HWaddr", IP address, broadcast address, etc. etc.)
>
> "man ifconfig" will give you some interesting "see also"s for other
> commands you may find helpful, but ifconfig might be all you need for
> this task.

Yep, that and restarting iptables did the trick ;-)

I can't seem to connect to a remote desktop though. When I try to
'browse' it says "browsing the network not possible, you probably have
not set up SPL support properly" (or somthing like that...)

...any idea what that might mean?

Thanks for the help!

--
Nick W