hi...

also trying to determine what are the best/good apps for doing remote
management/configuration of a server. we'd like to be able to tell what's
actually running/on a given server. we'd also like to be able to remotely
install/remove a given application from a menu of applications....

there are also other things we'd like to be able to do.. but these would be
a start....

google hasn't really turned up anything that's right on point...

we're willing to consider commercial apps, but we would prefer open source.
any suggestions would be appreciated....

thanks

bruce