The point I was making was that the use cases appear to be very small.
Even where a name registry might use it, there appear to be actual
solutions that don't use it. If you're bundling IDN domains, that's
typically a server side policy. No epp necessary. If you're allowing user
choice, then a dname within the zone of the registered name would
certainly work. <- this option is still available to registrants of
domains where bundling is handled by enforcing shared NS records.

As I said in my earlier email, I don't see harm in adding the mapping.

Kal Feher
Neustar Inc.
Melbourne, Australia