If a BoF happens in Prague I will certainly attend.

On 25/02/2019 07:26, Alexander Mayrhofer wrote:
> Antoin, all,
>

> for now this is more a question / request to the group, rather than a
> specific agenda slot request – but:
>

> In the light of the recent attacks on registration interfaces, do we
> want to take a fresh look at standardization of “Registry Lock” /
> “Security Lock”. There’s some previous work on this topic (see
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wallstrom-epp-registrant-problem-statement-00).
> As Patrick pointed out, there’s also some IPR considerations in this
> area (See his blog post at
> http://www.circleid.com/posts/20150603_registry_lock_or_epp_with_two_factor_authentication/).
>

> I constantly hear from registrars that “Security Lock” (our product
> name) would be much more attractive if there wasn’t a myriad of
> different processes at each registry – so my take is that there’s room
> for standardization (which probably goes beyond the pure EPP extension).
>  I’m also hearing some fellow ccTLD colleages are interesting in a
> common “profile”.
>
> Would regext be the right spot for such a discussion? If yes, would it
> be interesting to hold a 20 minutes slot in Prague? Or even a Bar-BoF
> before we “report back” to the working group?
>

> Best,
>
> Alex

Gavin Brown
Chief Technology Officer
CentralNic Group plc (LSE:CNIC)
Innovative, Reliable and Flexible Registry Services
for ccTLD, gTLD and private domain name registries
https://www.centralnic.com/
+44.7548243029

CentralNic Group plc is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 8576358. Registered Offices: 35-39 Moorgate, London,
EC2R 6AR.