On Fri, Mar 1, 2019, at 15:39, Roger D Carney wrote:
> I think I am in agreement with most people on this, that option 3 (or
> C, whatever it is called) is the best short term solution “define a
> "convention" that allows the <city> and <cc> elements to contain
> no data protection issues”.

I am completely againts such placeholders.
While they are the easy fast solution, they just pollute databases with useless
data.

Instead of updating RFC5733 I would suggest creating a new object,
a "light (or shallow) contact" which is like a contact currently, just with
less fields.
Domains could use "full contacts" (the ones we know today) or light contacts
(the new
ones).

One has to keep remembering that EPP is not just used by gTLDs, so any change
has to
be done in such a way that it does not impact negatively any operation done
outside
of ICANN circles.

--
  Patrick Mevzek