Il 04/03/2019 21:51, Andrew Newton ha scritto:
I don't have much skin in the game, but I agree with Patrick on this.

+1

ccTLDs are not directly affected by EPDP recommendations at present but it could be in the future since ccTLDs might meet the requirements coming from those registrars which are also gTLDs registrars.

In my opinion, if there was enough time according to the deadline to implement EPDP recommendations, a better solution than using placeholder values should be found.

As suggested by Patrick, the definition of a "light contact" object might be enough to bypass contact-1.0 schema constraints.

In my view, the new schema could define the operations (i.e. create and info) together with a type to be used as a response extension (e.g. in a domain info) in order to list the light contacts' ids.

In this way, both domain-1.0 and contact-1.0 schemas could remain unchanged.

If there was absolutely no time, even if RegExt WG fast-tracked the light contact (or whatever else) standardization process, I agree with Roger about using placeholder values as a temporary solution.

Regards,

mario

Especially with the notion that there are non-gTLD players in this
space.

Also, is EPDP the law now? Is there not time to implement the right solution?

-andy