Hi Marc,

> as Scott is updating RFC7482,RFC7483 for standard level, I’m doing the same
> for rfc7484. I haven’t heard major issues or major fixes to be made for
> rfc7484. I have a few wording fixes only at this time. There were some
> discussions on enhancing RFC7484 for other use cases, but never went far.
> if anyone has a something to raise for RFC7484, please send me email asap.

RFC 7484 doesn't provide any guidance for client implementers about how to
select a base RDAP URL when the services array contains more than one entry. As
a result I suspect that in this scenario different implementations will behave
in different ways, and users are at risk of seeing different responses
depending on the client they use.

My suggestions are that:-

1. client implementers should be advised to prefer https:// base URLs over
http:// base URLs.

2. server operators should be advised that if multiple base URLs with the same
scheme are present in an entry, then all the RDAP endpoints referenced by these
base URLs must return identical responses (for the same RDAP query).

Thanks,

G.

--
Gavin Brown
Head of Registry Services and Chief Innovation Officer

Tel: +44.7548243029

CentralNic Group plc is a company registered in England and Wales with company
number 8576358. Registered Offices: Saddlers House, Gutter Lane, London EC2V
6AE.