> On 11 Aug 2020, at 19:33, Marc Blanchet <marc.blanc...@viagenie.ca> wrote:
>
> On 4 Aug 2020, at 15:47, Patrick Mevzek wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2020, at 14:32, Gavin Brown wrote:
>>> 1. client implementers should be advised to prefer https:// base URLs
>>> over http:// base URLs.
>>
>> I think this is already addressed by this text in the current RFC:
>> "
>>   Per [RFC7258], in each array of base RDAP URLs, the secure versions
>>   of the transport protocol SHOULD be preferred and tried first.  For
>>   example, if the base RDAP URLs array contains both HTTPS and HTTP
>>   URLs, the bootstrap client SHOULD try the HTTPS version first.
>> "
>
> Gavin,
> Patrick is right. text was already there. ;-) Happy with the current text?

No issues here! My second point (about identical responses from every listed
server) still stands though.

Here's my proposed text, which could be inserted below the aforementioned
paragraph in Section 3:

"Registrants of entries in bootstrap registries SHOULD ensure, where multiple
base URLs are listed for a given set of entries, that all listed RDAP servers
produce the same response to a given query."

More than happy to accept feedback on the above.

G.

--
Gavin Brown
Head of Registry Services and Chief Innovation Officer

Tel: +44.7548243029

CentralNic Group plc is a company registered in England and Wales with company
number 8576358. Registered Offices: Saddlers House, Gutter Lane, London EC2V
6AE.