Hello Scott,

Please find below my input on couple of points.

Jasdip

On 2/18/21, 11:52 AM, "regext on behalf of Hollenbeck, Scott"
<regext-boun...@ietf.org on behalf of
shollenbeck=40verisign....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

    > Section 5.5
    >
    >    The following is an example of a JSON object representing an autnum.
    >
    >    {
    >      "objectClassName" : "autnum",
    >      "handle" : "XXXX-RIR",
    >      "startAutnum" : 10,
    >      "endAutnum" : 15,
    >
    > IIUC AS numbers 10 through 15 are assigned by ARIN, including AS 11 that
is
    > assigned to Harvard University (last updated 2019-08-12) and appears to
be in
    > current use.  Perhaps the reserved ASN 0 would make for a safer example?

    [SAH] Perhaps. I'll check with my ARIN colleagues.

[JS] As per RFC 5398 ( https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5398 ), IANA's AS numbers
registry ( https://www.iana.org/assignments/as-numbers/as-numbers.xhtml )
reserves couple of ASN ranges for documentation purposes: 64496-64511 and
65536-65551. We could use them instead in our examples.

    >    *  type -- a string containing an RIR-specific classification of the
    >       autnum
    >
    > (nit) is this the RIR's classification of the number itself, or the
    > allocation/registration?

    [SAH] I'll check with my ARIN colleagues.

[JS] Though this field is not required as per the NRO RDAP profile for RIRs (
section 5.5 in
https://bitbucket.org/nroecg/nro-rdap-profile/raw/v1/nro-rdap-profile.txt ), I
believe it is intended to indicate the registration hierarchy for those AS
numbers as per that RIR's registration model. The "type" field also exists in
section 5.4 for the IP Network objects. If we clarify this field further, would
be good to do so consistently in both the places.