Andy,

You claim that there is an issue with redirection and query parameters.  A
client is not required to use the redirection service or a redirection at all
and can directly query the target servers, so I view this as a special case
that you say is best solved with RDAP-X.  What I'm requesting is to ensure that
RDAP fully supports query parameters for the existing and future RDAP
extensions and to address the redirection issue in general with use of RDAP-X
as an alternative to query parameters.  An RDAP extension can provide
additional client specified options using query parameters and those query
parameters could be passed using RDAP-X as an alternative?  The RDAP-X is
focused on signaling of the extensions that should be returned in the response,
which is already being addressed by draft-gould-regext-rdap-versioning.
Address the broader issue instead of targeting a problem that is already being
worked on and let's get past the query parameter vs. RDAP-X debate.

--

JG

James Gould
Fellow Engineer