Nikita Danilov wrote:

> Philippe Gramoulle writes:
>  >
>  > Object: Latest kernel to use.
>  >
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I've seen in the 2.4.10pre4 ChangeLog that there have been some
>  > ReiserFS update. (but i dont know wich ones in fact)
>  > I also saw that latest ac kernel includes NFS client update which can
>  > be interesting here.
>  >
>  > I am in the process of installing a new NFS server and i just wanted to
>  > know what kernel you would actually recommand today.
>  >
>  > I was about to install a 2.4.9ac7 kernel. Should i go with 2.4.10pre4
>  > or latest ac ?
>
> As far as reiserfs is concerned latest -ac kernels include the same set
> of bug-fixes as 2.4.10-pre4. The only additional things in -ac kernel
> are big cleanups (that don't change functionality), patches for
> endianness support and support for displaying various performance
> related data under /proc/fs/reiserfs/.
>
>  >
>  > Thanks,
>  >
>  > philippe.
>
> Nikita.
Hmmm, you didn't quite answer his question.  Philippe, whether you use the -ac
series or 2.4.10-pre4 is not a reiserfs issue, and we honestly don't yet know
which is more stable in matters not reiserfs.  Both should be equally the most
stable thing available in regards to reiserfs.  I know you want us to just tell
you which to use, we can't, maybe the other list members have experience
regarding the stability of the kernels in question in matters not reiserfs.

Hans