Anders Widman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Even with 'heavy' fragmentation this is quite low. A quick benchmark
> of my 5400rpm 80GB disk gave me an average on 30MB/s. However, when
> simulating large fragmentation (10 000+ fragments on a 1GB file) I get
> about 2MB/s.
>
> Is DMA, unmask IRQ, read ahead and similar activated?

SCSI here, with aic7xxx 5.x and 6.x driver, no particular tuning in
place except that I told the AHA2940 to negotiate Ultra-Wide, it has
braindead default settings (negotiates 10 MXfers/s only, no Ultra), so
we can safely assume it did DMA.

--
Matthias Andree

GPG encrypted mail welcome, unless it's unsolicited commercial email.