Jens, do you have an explanation for using my credit card number to
register europe-24h.com and linux-24h.com?

As I understand it, you are a professional cybersquatter who has used my
credit card information to register other domain names.  You originally
contacted us saying that you had discovered that the names which
represent my business were unclaimed, and that you had registered them
for me without asking me if I wanted you to do so.  You then talked me
into paying the registration fees in return for your agreeing to
transfer them to me.  You never quite performed the transfer somehow.
 Now you have somehow used register.com  to use my credit card to renew
other domains, and sweet register.com tells me that if I file a claim of
credit card fraud with them they will sieze all of the domains
registered with a credit card (including namesys.com) for a year whether
I want this or not.

Is there any reason I should not consider you and register.com to be
engaging in a conspiracy to commit credit card fraud, and report this to
both credit agencies and the authorities?

I ask, because although the contents of europe-24h.com look like those
of a cybersquatter, one never knows what innocent explanation there
might be until one asks

At any rate, if the members of the list see namesys.com disappear, this
is why, and what name we might reappear under I don't know yet, but
searching the web will probably find us.

It seems that the misguided reiserfs fan does not describe Jens as we
had hoped, and professional cybersquatter does.  But maybe this is
incorrect, and Jens has an innocent explanation and a transfer of the
domain name in progress, so I ask and find out....

--
Hans

--- Begin Message ---
                                 Date:   2002/6/29
Domain(s)
linux-24h.com

5918 Marden Lane
Oakland, CA 94611
US

Order ID: 22864685

FROM:
register.com
575 8th Avenue
New York,  NY 10018
United States

        E-MAIL INVOICE FOR DOMAIN REGISTRATION/RENEWAL

Please see the register.com Services Agreement (link below).

register.com is in receipt of valid  credit card information for
payment and confirms the following:

Domain Name:             linux-24h.com
Subscription Length:     1 year
Period From:             06/28/2002
Period To:               06/28/2003
Amount Charged (US$):    $34.99

Total:  $34.99

If you feel that this charge is in error or do not wish to renew
the domain name(s) listed above, please contact register.com
immediately in one of the following ways:

Contact a Customer Support representative online by
visiting:

http://www.register.com/sr_credit.cgi?12f7067e820f82e1c0bc4ce1b53111997985e9346a8ae561

Or call:
Toll free in the U.S. and Canada: (800) 899-9723
Outside the U.S. and Canada: +1 (902) 749-2777

Registrant agrees to the terms and conditions of the current
Services Agreement.

To access the register.com Services Agreement, please visit
http://www.register.com/service-agreement.cgi.

--- End Message ---