I'm not sure about other countries rules, but a bank here in Sweden
are not allowed to give out funds to Creditcard companies, or anyone
else unless they have your signature on it.

If someone else use your creditcard you just report it to the police
and notify your bank and call VISA to cancel the card. The bank will
automatically stop all transfers and refund you. Then it is the banks
reposibility to try to reverse the transfers made.

But maby that is not the real issue, but the fact that register.com
might stop the domain.

Still, I don't see how they can "suspend" your current domain names.
register.com is only responsible, as a middle hand, to arrange
payments for registrants to internic. Once you have payed, it is your
domain to do whatever you like with. InterNic, on the other hand,
would perhaps have the ability, or right to suspend a domain name.

//Anders Widman